Mike’s 51st Annual Superbowl “Contestamundo” is HERE – 2017 Version, Baby!
Mike’s 51st Annual* Awesome 2017 Super Bowl “Contestamundo”
(* No, this really isn’t the 51st time I did this, not even close, but it got your attention and sure sounds good, doesn’t it? Plus, in this day and age, who’s really counting?)
ALL ARE WELCOME — Everyone/anyone can play and you don’t have to know anything about football to win. 25–ish questions total. Keep track of your correct answers as best as you can then share your final tally by posting the number correct in the Facebook comments section(or text/message/email/sky-write them to me).
New this year — PRIZES — Hell, yeah!!!!!
Prizes go three deep. The person who gets the most correct, then second and third. What do they get? Bottom three in the Contestamundo are responsible for sending top three a nice, friendly, positive, uplifting social media post. Or money if you have nothing nice to say, losers choice. Tiebreaker? Of those with the most correct answers, person who lives (or claims to live) in the most western state (then city or town) wins, then second, then third moving east. Hell yeah once again!
Questions —GOOD LUCK!!!!!
– Will the national anthem be longer or shorter than 2 minutes 10 seconds?
– Will the coin toss be heads or tails?
– Who will kick off first?
– Will the first offensive play from scrimmage after kickoff be a run or a pass?
– Who will be the first coach pictured after kickoff?
– Will the first commercial following the kickoff be for beer?
– What animal will appear first in a commercial?
– Who will score first in the first half?
– Will a team score in the first 5:00 of the game?
– Will any points be scored in the final 1:00 of the first half?
– Will Lady Gaga be wearing something purple when she sings at halftime?
– Who will score first in the second half?
– Will the first commercial after the second half kickoff be for a vehicle?
– Will New England throw 2 or more touchdown passes?
– Will Atlanta throw 2 or more touchdown passes?
– Will there be an onside kick?
– Will there be a missed field goal try?
– Will LaGarrette Blount score a touchdown?
– Will Julio Jones score a touchdown?
– Will any points be scored in the final 1:00 of the game?
– Which team will have the most turnovers?
– Take the final score of the game and add up all the individual digits until you get a single number (for example, Team A wins 30 – 28 —> 3 + 0 + 2 + 8 = 13 then add 1 + 3 to get 4). Will the number be greater or less than 5. If it is 5, no winner).
– Which quarterback (Brady or Ryan) will throw for more total yards?
– Which quarterback (Brady or Ryan) will run for more total yards?
– Will a running back for either team rush for more than 100 yards?
– Will the total number of sacks be more than four?
– Will the Patriots be in the Super Bowl again next year? (Correct answer is “yes”)
– Is Roger Goodell a jerk? (Correct answer is “yes”)